Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Creamy, sweet, perfectly spiced pumpkin pie that's filled with all the delicious flavor you want and nothing you don't. This pie is FREE from oil, refined sugar, dairy, eggs, soy, coconut, and gluten, but you won't miss them! It's super easy to make, too. (WFPB; nut-free option)
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Cooling time 4 hrs
Total Time 5 hrs
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 unbaked Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust (oil-free) Or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1/4 cup rolled oats Use certified GF oats if needed; can also sub 3 Tbsp GF flour or almond flour
- 3 to 4 Tbsp almond or cashew butter, smooth Omit or sub seed butter or additional oats for nut-free option
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk such as almond, flax, rice or oat
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or 2 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (pureed, cooked pumpkin with nothing added) Sub sweet potato if you like.
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon plus extra for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prebake the pie crust for about 10 minutes, or follow package directions if using a store-bought crust.
Combine all filling ingredients in a blender (oats, nut/seed butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, arrowroot or corn starch, pumpkin, and spices). Begin by blending on low, gradually increasing to high speed. The mixuture will be fairly thick.
Once the filling is smooth and creamy, pour it into the prebaked pie crust. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center looks just set. *Depending on the crust you're using, you may need to cover the edges with foil or a pie crust shield after 25 - 30 minutes to prevent it from getting too brown. If using my gluten-free crust recipe, the crust should be okay uncovered the whole time.
Let the pie cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving. See Notes for serving suggestions.
This pie is delicious with a dollop of cool and creamy nice cream or vegan whipped topping and a dash of cinnamon!
Serving Suggestions (check for allergens/oil/sugar as needed):
Refrigerate leftover pie up to 3 days. Pie can also be frozen. Be sure to wrap well and protect from air/freezer burn. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 82mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 9mg
Let me know with a star rating and a comment. I love hearing from you!