Welcome to My Quiet Kitchen!
I'm Lori. I started this blog in 2018 as a way to share my passion for and knowledge of plant-based cooking. I'm a fan of flavor and simplicity, and it's my goal to make eating plants easier and more delicious for everyone.
I'm a certified yoga instructor, self-taught food blogger and photographer, and hold a certificate in plant-based nutrition.
But when I went vegan in 2011, along with my husband Mark, I discovered a new level of excitement for cooking and baking.
Over the past 12 years I've passionately explored the world of vegan food - testing and experimenting with recipes to find the perfect balance of delicious + practical.
One of my FAVORITE aspects of recipe creation is thinking outside of the box and solving problems. Have you ever noticed when searching for a recipe on the internet, most of the results that come up on the first page are pretty similar?
I find inspiration in putting a twist on the expected. I do this to hopefully add something new that will make vegan cooking easier, better, and more accessible for us all.
I want to fill a need and be part (even if only a tiny part) of the ever-growing community of cooks and chefs around the world taking plant-based food to the next level.
We lived in a small, rural, Midwestern town when we went vegan. In fact, as far as I know, I had never known another vegan! Being able to learn from vegan blogs, books, and cookbooks at that time was immensely helpful.
All of this is what inspired me to launch My Quiet Kitchen and what keeps me going every day.
Since then, it has been an amazing ride as I've discovered a community of people from around the world who try the recipes in their own kitchens and report back with thanks and wonderful reviews. Hearing from you motivates me to continue sharing!
It's a joy for me to share my love of vegan food with you!
Some of the media outlets where my work has been featured:
- Parade - 30 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes Everyone Will Be Thankful For and 35 Best Seitan Recipes
- CNN Health - You Should Make Your Own Salad Dressing
- Women's Health - 20 Jackfruit Recipes That Taste Exactly Like Meat
- Tasting Table - What are Soy Curls and How Can You Cook Them
- Greatist - Vegan Christmas Dinner: 30 Simple and Delicious Recipes
- VegNews - All the Benefits of Cashews, From Nutrition to Versatility and 16 Epic Vegan Not-Salad Salads
- Detailed - The 50 Best Food and Cooking Blogs
- Mother Earth Living - Smart Gelatin Substitutes
- Food Revolution Network - Gut Health Resources
- First visit to the site? Start here!
- Food Philosophy - thoughts on what I eat as a vegan and why
- Our Vegan Story - how my husband and I became vegan
- Why Quiet? - the story behind the name
Please feel free to email me anytime with questions or feedback at email@example.com. You can also sign up for my email list below!