Easy, rich, delicious vegan cookies with chunks of chocolate and pecans plus bursts of fresh orange zest. Perfect for holiday gifting and sharing at parties!
Hi friends. It's the week before Thanksgiving, so I've had all sorts of holiday-themed recipes on my mind. Some are a little more involved and complicated to make, but some are quick, easy, and perfect for carrying to parties. You know how it is this time of year, workplace parties, potlucks, Friendsgiving festivities! There's always something going on, and it's helpful to have a no-fuss, dependable treat you can throw together in minutes. Of course we also want it to please everyone, vegan or not! This is exactly what we have in these Chocolate Chunk Orange Pecan Cookies.
I made these last weekend for a casual get-together at a friend's house, and everyone loved them. Imagine bright and fragrant orange zest along with big chunks of chocolate and pecans. #totalwinner
And when I say "no-fuss" I mean it - ten minutes to prep and ten minutes to bake. So simple! You really can't go wrong with this cookie recipe. Plus, you can switch up the additions. Try them with dried cranberries, orange zest and walnuts. Whatever your heart desires.
I hope you give these Vegan Chocolate Chunk Orange Pecan Cookies a try! And if you like these, check out my Roasted Honeynut and Rosemary Cookies.
You might also like:
Chocolate Chunk Orange Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract, optional
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest, packed
- ½ cup raw pecan halves, chopped
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chunks, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Measure the coconut oil, then soften it in a mug in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove. Doesn't need to be fully melted. Add the vanilla, orange zest, orange extract, 2 Tbsp of milk and apple cider vinegar to the oil and stir to combine. Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until there is no visible dry flour. If it seems too dry add another tablespoon of milk.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chunks. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of dough into your hand and roll it between your palms to compact it and form a ball. Now, press it between your palms to flatten the cookie. Place on the prepared pan. They don't spread much during baking, so you will likely be able to fit them all on one large pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks and cool completely.
Estimated Nutrition (per serving)
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary depending on the exact amounts and specific products and ingredients used. We calculate this information using the online calculator cronometer.com.