Recently this Berries and Greens Breakfast Pudding has been my favorite way to start the day. Not only is it quick and simple, but it packs some serious nutrition in one tasty little package! It’s also low-glycemic, which can help set the tone for a day of healthful eating.
These days, it seems like making pudding from silken tofu is viewed as sort of an unfashionable, old school vegetarian trick. And if that’s the case, you can just call me old school! I’m a huge fan of tofu and see no reason to limit it to savory dishes. In this lightly sweetened breakfast pudding, silken tofu is combined with berries (must-eat superfood #1), chia seeds (hello, must-eat superfood #2; high in essential Omega-3 fatty acids), and baby spinach or your green of choice (as we all know greens really are THE superfood). And let’s not forget the health benefits of tofu (Omega 3s, low-calorie, complete protein, phytonutrients). So with all of this combined, you’ve got yourself one seriously healthy breakfast or snack that takes just minutes to prepare.
How to make Berries and Greens Breakfast Pudding
Okay, this is a little tricky. Are you ready? To make this light and creamy breakfast pudding you’re going to:
- Put 6 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pudding into two serving bowls and refrigerate it for a few minutes.
Ta-da!! Okay, enough silliness from me. I just really like this breakfast, and it makes me happy. 🙂
In addition to setting a healthy tone for the day, another great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it in so many ways.
- Try vanilla or lemon extract.
- Blend in other frozen fruits.
- Try hemp or flax seeds.
- And use any sweetener you like, whether it’s granulated, liquid, or non-caloric such as stevia or monk fruit. So many options!
I hope you give this simple and healthy Berries and Greens Breakfast Pudding a try. Breakfast is our chance to declare to each new day exactly how healthy we want to be, and this recipe makes a statement, for sure!
If you like this recipe you might also like my Two-Minute Vegan Yogurt Oats!
Berries and Greens Breakfast Pudding
- 1 pound silken tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 2 tsp lemon juice or 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sweetener of choice, such as maple syrup, agave, stevia or monk fruit; adjust as desired
- 1 large handful of spinach or other raw green
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two serving dishes and refrigerate for thirty minutes. Can be eaten immediately but will be slightly less set.
- Top with berries, coconut, nuts, seeds, and/or nut butter, and enjoy!