Air fryer radishes are delightfully tender, mellow, and lightly seasoned with lemon and garlic. They're a deliciously healthy snack or side dish.
Roasting radishes transforms them from crisp and peppery to tender and mellow, and an air fryer makes the process so easy! Oil-free option and oven instructions included. Ready in 25 minutes!
Why We Love This Recipe
Roasted air fryer radishes are so delightfully mellow and versatile. They remind me of other mild root vegetables, like parsnips, and yet they have their own unique flavor.
Healthy and Light
Since roasting mellows out the usual peppery bite of raw radishes, it makes them incredibly easy to eat. And because radishes are so low in calories, these are perfect for snacking on these before dinner. They will hold you over without ruining your appetite!
Similar to potatoes, roasted radishes are a blank slate for your favorite spices, seasonings, and sauces. See my favorite sauce ideas below.
Simply wash and trim the radishes, toss with seasonings, then air fry. This recipe takes about 25 minutes start to finish, most of it hands off.
- radishes - the recipe is written for approximately 2 small bunches, or 12 ounces. Of course, you can prepare more or less as needed or as your air fryer will accommodate.
- oil - any high-heat cooking oil you like is fine here, or omit the oil and use lemon juice for a lighter, oil-free option.
- seasonings - garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- lemon zest - this is optional but does add lovely flavor.
An air fryer is part of what makes this recipe so fun and easy. But don't worry if you don't have one!
Radishes can also be roasted in the oven. Instructions for oven-roasting are included in the Notes section of the recipe. It's also very easy but takes just a few minutes longer.
How to Cook Radishes in an Air Fryer
- Wash and trim the radishes. Cut larger ones into quarters and smaller radishes in half so that the pieces are similar in size.
- In a large bowl toss the radishes with oil (or lemon juice for oil-free), lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. Transfer the radishes into the air fryer basket, arranging them in a single layer. For the oil-free version, be sure to leave the excess lemon juice in the bowl.
- Air fry for about 10 minutes, shaking the basket after 6 minutes.
If you're lucky enough to find radish bunches with fresh-looking greens on top, put those greens to use before they go bad. Radish greens can be sautéed, similar to spinach, chard, or kale, or used raw in salads, pesto, or zhoug sauce.
It's best to separate the greens from the radishes as soon as you get home because they don't last long. Then wash and dry them, store in the refrigerator as you would any type of green, and use within a day or two.
Similar to ovens, air fryers may perform differently. So the first time you try the recipe it's a good idea to keep a close eye on the radishes in the last few minutes.
If possible, try not to overcrowd the radishes inside the air fryer basket, and keep them in a single layer.
If you prefer a crisp-tender texture, decrease the cook time by about 2 minutes. For fully tender radishes, increase the cook time slightly. In our Instant Pot Vortex air fryer we thought a total cook time of 10 minutes was just right!
The lemon juice used in the oil-free version gives the radishes a subtle sweetness. I like to add a squeeze of fresh lemon just before serving for an extra punch of acidity, but that's totally up to you!
As written, this recipe makes a fairly small amount, perfect as a light side or snack for one or two people.
To scale it up, allow at least one bunch of radishes per person, or 5 to 6 ounces. Of course, this will depend on everyone's appetites and the other foods being served.
As mentioned above, roasted radishes are great as a side dish or snack, but they're also a nice addition to salads.
Garnish with an extra squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh parsley for a classic flavor combination. Or skip the lemon and parsley, and pair the radishes with a healthy sauce like:
- Nut-Free Vegan Ranch
- Spicy Harissa Dressing
- Easy Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Tahini Caesar Dressing
- Oil-Free Zhoug Sauce
- Ginger-Turmeric Dressing
- Tahini Dressing 5 Ways
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- air fryer zucchini 2 ways!
- cabbage wedges without oil
- vegan stuffed peppers
- seasoned air fryer edamame
- air fryer tempeh
- quick shishito peppers
- cauliflower steaks with parsley sauce
I hope you enjoy these air fryer radishes as much as we do! If you try the recipe be sure to leave a comment below and let us know your favorite seasonings and pairings.
Air Fryer Radishes
- 12 ounces radishes (about 2 bunches), ends trimmed, quartered (or halved if small)
- 2 teaspoons oil, optional - Omit for oil-free, and use 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- rounded ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F (193 C). In a mixing bowl toss the radishes with the oil (or lemon juice for oil-free).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon zest, if using, and toss to coat.
- Transfer the radishes to the air fryer basket (if using lemon juice be sure to leave it in the bowl). Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking the basket after 6 minutes. Air fryers can vary, so check the radishes after 8 or 9 minutes. For crisp-tender radishes reduce by a minute or two, or cook longer for soft, tender radishes.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon, fresh parsley, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Estimated Nutrition (per serving)
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary depending on the exact amounts and specific products and ingredients used. We calculate this information using the online calculator cronometer.com.