I’m sharing this quick recipe today to accompany my Vegan Chorizo Cabbage Rolls. If you don’t happen to have any of the delicious No Evil Foods Chorizo called for in that recipe, this tofu chorizo makes an excellent replacement! The chorizo spice blend recipe below makes about three tablespoons total. I found that 2 1/2 tablespoons was just the right amount to flavor the particular tofu I was using, but you might like a little more or a little less.
I hope you enjoy this deliciously versatile Tofu Chorizo! If you try it let us know in the comments below, or snap a photo and tag @myquietkitchen on Instagram.
Easy Tofu Chorizo
- 1 pound super-firm tofu, patted dry
- 2 Tbsp oil, optional
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Chorizo Dried Spice Blend:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the spice blend and set aside.
- Preheat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil, if using, and crumble the tofu into the pan. Stir and cook just until it begins to brown.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the chorizo spice blend onto the tofu and stir to distribute. Drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the tofu, stir, and cook for another minute. Taste for seasoning, adding more of the spice blend if desired. Remove from heat.
- Use in your favorite dish or let cool, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.