This classic vegan cranberry sauce recipe is part of my Sweet Orange Ricotta With Cranberry Compote, but because it also stands alone as an important Thanksgiving side dish, I figured it deserves its own post. Made from just four ingredients - fresh cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, and sugar - this gorgeous cranberry sauce takes just 15 minutes to prepare (plus chill time). Make it refined sugar-free by omitting the sugar and adding more maple syrup!
Did you know it's ridiculously easy to make wholesome, colorful, delicious cranberry sauce from scratch? Because it is! There's no need to ever buy prepared cranberry sauce again.
With just a small sauce pan and 4 ingredients, you can impress your family and friends with this healthier cranberry sauce. Plus, the slice of orange peel simmering away in there smells really, really good!
If you want to make this completely free from refined sugar, you'll actually only need 3 ingredients! Simply replace the 2 tablespoons of sugar with more maple syrup.
You might also like:
Vegan Cranberry Sauce
- 1 large orange
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup *See Notes for sweetener options depending on end use.
- 2 Tbsp sugar or more maple syrup
- Place a 2-inch slice of orange peel and the juice from the orange in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the cranberries, maple syrup, and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries burst and the liquid thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes (takes a little longer if they're frozen). Refrigerate until completely chilled.