This healthy vegan cranberry sauce is made from just four ingredients - fresh cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, and a touch of sugar. Only 15 minutes to prepare and cook, then chill until ready to use. Make this cranberry sauce 100% refined sugar-free by omitting the sugar and adding more maple syrup, if desired.
Did you know it's ridiculously easy to make wholesome, colorful, delicious cranberry sauce from scratch? Because it is! There's no need to ever buy prepared cranberry sauce again.
With just a small sauce pan and 4 ingredients, you can impress your family and friends with this healthier cranberry sauce. Plus, the slice of orange peel simmering away in there smells heavenly.
If you want to make this completely free from refined sugar, you'll actually only need 3 ingredients! Simply replace the 2 tablespoons of sugar with more maple syrup.
In our house we really love cranberry sauce on the more tart side, so I often just omit the sugar and leave the maple syrup at ⅓ cup.
This recipe makes just a little over 1 ½ cups of cranberry sauce, so you may even want to double or triple it!
You might also like:
Vegan Cranberry Sauce
- 1 large orange
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅓ cup maple syrup *See Notes for sweetener options depending on end use.
- 2 Tbsp sugar or more maple syrup
- Place a 2-inch slice of orange peel and the juice from the orange in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the cranberries, maple syrup, and sugar, and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook until cranberries burst and the liquid thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes (takes a little longer if beginning with frozen berries). Refrigerate until completely chilled.