Fresh herbs can elevate a dish from good to WOW! with barely any extra effort on our part. Visually, they make a plate look beautiful. Aromatically, they excite. And flavor-wise, there’s just nothing like herbs. Basil, parsley, thyme, dill, rosemary, mint, sage, oregano, and cilantro are all represented in this list. Oh! And in addition to being beautiful and delicious, of course herbs are incredibly nutritious, too.
I reached out to my favorite bloggers and asked for their best recipes using fresh herbs, and they definitely brought the goods! We have everything from appetizers and salads, to smoothies, entrees, and even a cocktail. At the bottom of the list I’ve included some of my own recipes that use fresh herbs (including my favorite cookie).
Simply click on the recipe titles to visit the original posts.
I hope this recipe roundup fills you with ideas and inspires you to incorporate more fresh herbs into your cooking. And if you’ve thought about growing your own herbs but haven’t ventured there yet, maybe this is the year! 😀
- Warm Potato Salad With Herbs (with dill, parsley, chives and chive blossoms) by Sophie of Wholehearted Eats
- Warmed Castelvetrano Olives With Lemon and Garlic (featuring fresh thyme) by Cadry of Cadry’s Kitchen
- Greek Goddess Quinoa Salad (featuring parsley and cilantro) by Very Vegan Val
- Raw Veggie Chopped Salad (with dill and parsley) by Jennifer of Veggie Inspired
- Garlic Herb Almond Cheese Spread (using parsley, dill or chive) by Gwen of Delightful Adventures
- Mediterranean Hummus Dip (featuring oregano, basil and dill) by Plant Based Scotty
- Green Chickpea Hummus (with parsley and basil) by Dreena Burton
- Velvety Zucchini Basil Soup (using a full cup of fresh basil) by Anjali of Vegetarian Gastronomy
- Thai Green Curry (including cilantro and basil) by Rhian’s Recipes
- Chimichurri Tacos with Mushrooms (with parsley and oregano) by Amy of Veggies Save the Day
- Santa Cruz Beach Veggie Burritos (with loads of cilantro…including the flavorful stems!) by Kathy of Healthy Happy Life
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta (made with sage) by Kerrie of Plant and Vine
- Baked Farro With Tomatoes and Herbs (with fresh parsley and basil) from the 10th Anniversary Edition (2017) of Isa Chandra’s Veganomicon, brought to us by Shannon of Yup It’s Vegan
- Baked Falafel (with plenty of parsley) by Nele of Nutriplanet
- The Ultimate Green Cilantro Garlic Sauce (oil-free; with cilantro leaves and stems) by Jen of Sprouting Zen
- Blueberry Tahini Basil Smoothie (with basil, obviously!) by Audrey of Unconventional Baker
- Refreshing Apple and Mint Smoothie (with you guessed it… fresh mint!) by Rachel of Healthy and Psyched
- Blackberry Mojito Overnight Oats from OATrageous Oatmeals by Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
- Raspberry and Gin Thyme Cocktail (with a teaspoon of fresh thyme in every glass) by Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
- Health Benefits of Herbs and How to Keep Them Fresh by Active Vegetarian; this post includes helpful tips plus a few recipe links at the bottom of the post
And to wrap up, here are a few of my own recipes that use fresh herbs….
- Tabbouleh-Inspired Bean Burgers (with parsley and mint) by My Quiet Kitchen
- Seitan Bourguignon With Rosemary Cauliflower Mash (featuring fresh thyme and rosemary) by My Quiet Kitchen
- Jackfruit, Mango and Dill Salad (with fresh dill) by My Quiet Kitchen
- Roasted Honeynut and Rosemary Cookies (delicious rosemary!) by My Quiet Kitchen
- Mushroom-Sage Orzotto (save this one for the holiday season) by My Quiet Kitchen
- Parsley-Dill Pesto (with a full cup of parsley and a half cup of dill, this delicious pesto is full of possibilities) by My Quiet Kitchen
If you enjoyed this roundup, please share! And definitely Pin it for later. xo – Lori